The Big Four Bridge is a six-span former railroad truss bridge that crosses the Ohio River. The bridge was built between 1888 and 1895. During construction 42 workers lost their lives and through the years has stood as a monument to their lives. In 1929 a new bridge was built inside the original frame structure. Railroad traffic ceased in 1969. After many years of work the bridge has reopened to pedestrians and bicycle traffic in 2014.
January 19th, 2016
Viewed 490 Times - Last Visitor from Shenzhen, 30 - China on 01/27/2023 at 8:44 AM